What Personal Information Does ©-Registry Collect?
- Information You Provide — We receive and store the information you enter or that is gathered from our automatic spidering of public web sites. Given the nature of a registry, it is in your best interest to register with your full contact information, which is needed for communication between members of the creative community. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as enabling clients to contact you, communication amongst community participants, responding to your requests, filtering access to available content, customizing functionality for you, improving our website and services.
- Computer Information — Every computer has an IP (Internet Protocol) address. IP’s used to visit C-Registry.us are stored. In addition, we automatically collect other information such as browser types, operating systems, and the URL addresses or identity of sites clicked to and from this site, as well as the URL of content files and web pages on which content is viewed.
- Information from Other Sources — We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to your account information. This may include your membership ID in trade associations that you are a member of, which enables ©-Registry to offer you free services as a benefit of your trade association membership.
How Does ©-Registry Use Your Information?
- Copyright Claims — First and foremost, each time a creator claims copyright ownership of content, your information is associated with that content, thus enabling the core purpose of the copyright registry.
- Certified Reports and Take Down Orders — Your information is included in certified reports of content ownership claims and usages, as well as in Take Down Orders that may be delivered to the attorneys or authorized agents of Internet Service Providers.
- Communications With You and Community Members — We will send you information and share aggregated statistical data with the creative community.
- Business Transfers — As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy web sites or the corporation itself or other assets. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the unlikely event that ©-Registry is acquired, customer information will be one of the transferred assets.
- Law Enforcement — If we receive a lawful court order to release account or other personal information or are required to testify in legal precedings, then we will comply with such legal requests. We will also release information when necessary to protect the life, safety or property of others, including minors in the case of child pornography. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection, credit risk reduction, copyright infringement and law enforcement.
How Do We Protect the Security of Your Information?
- No Credit Cards Stored — ©-Registry does not store any credit card information. When credit cards are used, they are processed by major, secure companies that specialize in this function.
- Opt Outs — You may choose to block display of your contact information, relying on ©-Registry’s internal double-blind email process. You can choose not to provide certain information (though you would not be able to take advantage of some benefits).
- No Personal Info is Sold — ©-Registry does not sell your information to other companies. ©-Registry does not rent or sell mailing lists or user information.
- Secure Sockets — In some instances, we work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- Firewall — We use a firewall to protect against unlawful intrusion.
- Limited Access — We limit access to your information on a "need to know" basis or as authorized by you. (Note: It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer).
No system can guarantee absolute security, just as the finest lock can not guarantee physical security. ©-Registry does take every reasonable precaution to assure that your data is secure. ©-Registry reserves the right to modify this policy in the future. If modifications are made, notice will be posted online at this web site.